The Ringside View

My attempts at writing have always been stacked up in old diaries and scraps of yellowing paper.Time,neglect and phylum insecta however, always ensured that the gibberish i scrawled, never would see the prying gaze of an alien eye.Years later, i still scribble once in a while - this time in word documents stored in some obscure folder somewhere in the innards of my C drive.I am unearthing some of them and opening them up for the interested.To get what i call - The Ringside view.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Tarantino and me

One of my friends recently asked me why my blog is like Quentin Tarantino’s movies. Whizzing across time and space like nobody’s business. From tropical sun burnt Southern India to wet and windy East Anglia even before you knew it. And of course with no consideration to chronology whatsoever. Now I wonder if he meant it as a compliment but I’ll take it as one anyways. And I am also planning to base my next write up with me, twenty years hence as a lumberjack in the upper American Midwest. Now will not Tarantino be proud.

**************************

And by the way, the walking tales were inspired after reading ‘A walk in the woods’ by Bill Bryson. Good read. My initial intention was to write a book review but then I ended up recounting my own tales.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mezzaninedoor said...

How can likening to Tarantino not be compliment Preeth.

Just dicovered your blog and thought that it might recount tales of your fights with the establishment in Norwich :o)

You seem to have a knack with the quill, if I get brave enough I will have to link you to some of my writings !!!

September 16, 2007 3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home