The Ringside View

My attempts at writing have always been stacked up in old diaries and scraps of yellowing paper.Time,neglect and phylum insecta however, always ensured that the gibberish i scrawled, never would see the prying gaze of an alien eye.Years later, i still scribble once in a while - this time in word documents stored in some obscure folder somewhere in the innards of my C drive.I am unearthing some of them and opening them up for the interested.To get what i call - The Ringside view.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sunday

For whom the bell tolled, it must have struck seven. The cathedral spire glistening in whatever little the sun had to offer. The dark vicious bulbs of cumulo-nimbus clouds would be there as usual; standing sentry to another chilly dull morning. Sheets of overnight rain would have swept the roads clean like a newly swept floor. And the wind. Like a prankster let loose in a candy store, like a lone tusker gone astray, the winds would be lashing at every sign and post. Leaves stretched to hold onto their twigs dear. Every muscle and sinew pierced as though by a thousand needles. Am I not glad I am not in the midst of it. This may be a figment of my imagination or may very well be true. But snuggling into my 10.5 tog duvet, there’s no way I am looking out of the window for confirmation. It’s Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home